[Rigf_program] Definition of 'AP region'

Keith Davidson keith at internetnz.net.nz
Sat Mar 30 06:14:16 HKT 2013

Hi Izumi, all,

I think "areas" gets to be even more vague than "economies", sorry... I
think APNIC have had long discussions in the past over the right term,
and after debate decided that "economies" was the most appropriate for
them. ICANN tends to use the words "countries and territories" which is
too long and cumbersome. APTLD can avoid this and refer to ccTLDs which
is great.

So there is no right or wrong here, but I think using the term already
used by one of the major stakeholder groups in the region might be
better than using a new term... Or at least we will reduce the overall
confusion by being consistent with the term of economies...

Cheers

Keith