[Rigf_program] on 2013 APrIGF program

kilnam chon chonkn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 09:02:39 HKT 2013

let me propose on the program based on the past program as well as
korean proposal;

1. starting time
    9:30 as korean host proposed (and finish the last session at 6pm)
    remark:  office hour starts at 9am in korea, and it is not convenient to
                  start at 9am even though we don't anticipate any morning
traffic
                  jam round 9am.

2. first session: 9:30~10:00
    recommend to have tutorials as much as possible, primarily for overseas
    participants.

    examples  -  introduction/orientation on APrIGF, IGF,
multistakeholder,..
                      - network neutrality and other new/hot topics
                      - introduction of national and regional IGF chapters

3. plenary sessions
    opening plenary: second session on the first day
    closing plenary:   fourth or third session on the third/last day
                               (depending on APrIGF MSG Meeting/General
Assembly schedule)
    other plenary:      may have one plenary session every day in general.
                                if we don't have many good workshop
proposals, we may have
                                two or more single track sessions which we
may call plenary session.

4. parallel sessions
    try to keep parallel sessions of two or more so that participants could
find sessions they
    may be interested in.

then, we would have

   3 plenary 90-minutes sessions (or more)
   9 90-minutes parallel sessions (with total of 18 parallel
sessions(workshops) or more)

if we could select around 15 workshop proposals including tutorials, then
we are in good shape.
remark: 2012 APrIGF in tokyo had 21 90-minutes sessions (8 plenaries, and 5
parallel sessions with
             total of 13 workshops)

chon