[Rigf_program] Host 2014 Proposals Evaluation

kilnam chon chonkn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 07:25:29 HKT 2013

aprigf secretariat,

thank you for posting the updates on 2014 hosting proposals with comment.

i have not seen feedback from the proposers on my comments.
here are further comments.

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM, kilnam chon <chonkn at gmail.com> wrote:

> it is very good to have multiple proposals.  hope we could have good
> evaluation process this time.
>
> i would like to suggest the following to improve the proposals;
>
> 1. budget - both proposals
>     need to the income portion on the budget proposal.  this is
> particularly important
>     since the local host is financially accountable.

i have not seen the income portion of the budget proposal.  this is most
critical since aprigf
does not have its own fund to chip in.

> 2. date - both proposals
>     does anybody have good information on 2014 IGF, in particular on the
> date; either
>     september, october,..?
>
>     i believe we would like to have around 2 months between IGF and
> APrIGF, but not
>     within one month.  does anybody have any idea on this matter as
> guideline?
>
>     how flexible are both proposal on the date; any particular constraint?
>
> 3. location - indian proposal
>     recommend to see the primary location for the proposal (with an
> optional
>     alternative location.  is Gore the primary location?

would like the proposers to designate the primary location.

i would like to see the city with the international flights for india such
as hyderbad or bangalore, but not Gore.

> 4. hotels - both proposals
>     would like to see the expected room charges of the 2 or 3 main hotels.

both proposals did not provide enough information;

india:  provide 3-star and 4-star hotels in addition to 5-star hotels as
many overseas
           participants cannot affor these 5-star hotels you listed. please
also add
           the expected prices.
philippines:  similarly; the main conference hotel with the expected price,
and additional
                    3-star and 4-star hotels.

> 5. date of the proposals
>     as long as a proposal is submitted in timely manner, we may handle
> equally like
>     almost any other events in the world.

we may be anticipating late august for 2014 aprigf.
please indicate if the date is flexible such as july or september.

chon