[Rigf_program] Host 2014 Proposals Evaluation

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Aug 17 19:12:47 HKT 2013

Thanks Yannis.

The comparison sheet will be very helpful. Intention of the RFP process was to be as transparent and accountable as possible so compliance with the RFP should be the basis of making the selection.

I don't think the location and dates of the 2014 global IGF have been announced, but can expect October/November.  The IGF will avoid other major Internet policy meetings so we can get a hint from other schedules (for example ICANN will meet in Los Angeles Oct 12-16 2014, expect the IGF to avoid those dates by a couple of weeks.)  Like Seoul this year, the host might like to avoid hottest months/extremes of weather, so might be difficult to dictate an ideal date.  Look for flexibility from the host.

Adam