[Rigf_program] APrIGF: group/committees and mailing lists

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Sat Apr 27 11:12:17 HKT 2013

Thanks Kilnam.

I suggest that for the time being we consider the MSG and "program committee" to be one and the same, under the name "MSG".

My reason is that for both groups, a demonstrated multistakeholder approach must be taken, ensuring balance and diversity of participation.  This is not trivial to implement, and our operating principles have still not been well tested.  We don't have a great track record in the past, so we really do have to fix this and demonstrate both the commitment and the implementation.

It will be much easier to achieve the required approach if we are dealing with a single group/list.  If we have 2 lists, I think the job gets quite a bit harder.

I do agree in principle that we could split the MSG from the Program group in future, if this is generally felt to be necessary.

Paul.