[Rigf_program] APrIGF: group/committees and mailing lists

kilnam chon chonkn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 10:01:51 HKT 2013

here is the proposal for APrIGF group and committee with their mailing
lists (and website);

1. MSG
      " to support and ensure the proper conduct of the organizational work
of the annual Asia Pacific Regional IGF,....................."

    remark:  to select a site for annual APrIGF
                  to approve the proposal of annual APrIGF
                  to oversee the org work of annual APrIGF
                 (more)

2. "Program Committee"
     to be in charge of the program of the annual APrIGF

   remark: this committee may be/may not be identical to MSG with
                respect its membership.

                need to decide how to form PC.  i recommend MSG to
                decide how to form PC including its chair.

3. domain name for APrIGF
    we should use either rigf.asia, OR aprigf.asia, but not both to avoid
    confusion. we even have ap.rigf.asia!

    we have many xxxx.rigf.asia(2012.rigf, msg at rigf.asia proposal,..)
    as well as xxx.aprigf.asia(www.aprigf.asia,...)  now.

    if we could not decide which one to decide, we should delete
    the domain name, msg at rigf.asia from the APrIGF OP.

chon