[Rigf_program] 2013 List of Workshop Proposals

kilnam chon chonkn at gmail.com
Tue May 21 16:57:21 HKT 2013

yannis/secretariat,

thank you for timely compilation.
i have a few issues to discuss;

1.  2012 APrIGF in Tokyo (and possibly earlier ones)
     could somebody summarize on program development
     including timeline (i.e., milestones), breakdown among
     countries, breakdown among topics,...?

2. number of time slots (workshop, sessions)
    we have 4 time slots per day, 3 meeting rooms, and 3 days
    with 2 plenary sessions(opening, closing), we have 30 time
    slots to fill, and we have 11 proposals with 12 time slots.
     - how do we approach this issue?
     - did we have similar situations in the past; 2010, 2011, 2012?

3. additional sessions (other than workshop)
    we may organize different sessions such as
     - tutorial sessions(especially in the first time slot in the morning)
     - IGF workshop proposal presentations ( 30 minutes each
       instead of 90 minutes workhsop)
     - sessions similar to IGF open forum
     - sessions similar to IGF dynamic coalition

4. number of countries to participate APrIGF
    we have workshop submission from only five countries (cn, kr, my, hk,
jp).
     - how many countries particiapted last years?
     - how can we attract more countries to participate?

will stop here even though i have a few more issues.

chon