[Rigf_program] public call for comments, APrIGF 2013

Duangthip Chomprang chomprang at isoc.org
Thu Mar 14 07:00:19 HKT 2013

Dear All,

ISOC would like to propose "Intermediary Liability" as one of the APrIGF topic for discussion given that many governments in the region are thinking of developing their data proaction and soon enough privacy law for their people.

And I agree with Hong that to have the government present, we need to inform them as early as possible especially announcing the topics the meeting will cover. Some topics which are hot on the policy list post WCIT-12 and WTSA-12 would be a good start aside from our own IGF community list.

To share, I recently participated in the regional APT/ITU WCIT-12 and WTSA-12 Outcome meeting and I invited all the attending governments to look out for the APrIGF 2013 in Seoul and the Global IGF in Bali as well. There was interests and questions about what the Seoul would be deliberating. One great outcome form the meeting was that APT MCs felt that they could as a region be collectively more successful when proposing policies which affect the region at the global stage. i.e. 80% of their proposal were approved. ISOC message there was to have governments participate or at least attend the upcoming IGFs and learn from the other group of stakeholders in the IGF meetings.

We probably need to come up with a programme and plan to get them involved this time around. I leave this food for thought to our committee/community.

Cheers!
Thip

On 14 Mar 2556 BE, at 05:26, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

> Hello Hong,
>
> Nice to hear that you are with UNESCAP.
>
> "Paperless trade" is a very topical issue these days, along with trade in
> online services, digital assets and other virtual goods.  I don't see
> those on the draft agenda, but I would support their inclusion.
>
> I do think you can alert ESCAP people to the meeting and possible topics,
> and be sure to keep in touch with them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.

>>> too. As I know, the members are very open from the very first day. Here
>>> are
>>> something we have to do:
>>>
>>> 1. form a "committee" (although we have a committee since 2010)
>>> 2. and the committee have to figure out the "secrtariat" (such as