[Rigf_program] public call for comments, APrIGF 2013

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Tue Mar 12 15:08:16 HKT 2013

Thanks Adam.

These issues were raised again in Singapore, and so I agree that action is
needed in terms of open and clear processes that fulfil multistakeholder
expectations.  This has been agreed already, more than once, so I don't
think there is any need to interpret reluctance on anyone's part, or to
expect any argument about the basic need.

Of course the themes, format and agenda for any IGF meeting should be
assembled through an open process and we can do that in this case through
an open call as Adam suggests.  The rigf.asia does already contain a call
for suggestions, with closing date of 31 March, which I was not aware of.
That's a good start but I think this needs to be opened up in an online
forum or open mailing list which allows discussion and visibility of other
comments.  Also the opportunity to provide input needs to be widely
advertised as Adam suggests.

I would also suggest that the Host's draft programme (which is excellent
by the way) can be considered as a proposal, and I suggest to publish it
as such, which allows the community to respond to it, as well as to make
"original contributions" of their own.

We do have time to do this, providing that we start soon, so I hope that
this can be added to the agenda for Friday's call.   I would think that
the deadline can be extended by another month to the end of April, without
causing too much trouble.

There are other issues around the next IGF to be discussed as well, so I
hope we have space on the agenda.  We need to determine a timeline for
decision on location, on the MSG (programme committee) and other critical
milestones.

Paul.