[Rigf_program] workshop proposal review - things to consider

kilnam chon chonkn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:55:04 HKT 2013

reviewing 32 workshop proposals, and here are several things to consider

1. multiple proposals in the same topics; multistakeholders, open data,..
    we may ask these overlapping proposals to coordinate to come up with
    the merged proposal with longer time slots.
    the problem is that the proposers need time, and i am not sure if we
could
    have enough time to merge, submit, review, contact panelists,... within
2
    months.

2. many proposals without panelists (from multiple countries)
    do the propsers have enough time to arrange the panelists to show up to
    korea on september 4 upon notification in the first weeks of july?

we may be running against time now.
i would like to see the milestone from the chair on
   - acceptance
   - resubmission of the revised or complete proposal
   - initial program with time slot allocation to each accepted proposal
   - revised/final program

chon