[Rigf_program] Promoting APrIGF in INET Bangkok?

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Fri Jun 7 13:00:57 HKT 2013

Hi again Thip,

We've had an interesting discussion here in the APrIGF meeting, about a perceived need for more diversity in the proposals to APrIGF, which can still be submitted during the next 7 days, for a deadline on 14 June.

To promote more proposals in the time available, could we call on you please to promote the CFP during the INET meeting in Bangkok?

The link is here:

   http://2013.rigf.asia/2013/05/23/call-for-workshops-themes/

Thanks very much,

Paul.

On 07/06/2013, at 12:07 PM, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

> Hi Thip, I fully understand, and wish you good luck with the meeting!
>

> FYI all,
>
> The INET Bangkok meeting is happening for the next 3 days, and you can see the webcast here:
>
> http://www.internetsociety.org/inet-bangkok/webcast
>
> Paul.
>

> On 07/06/2013, at 9:19 AM, Duangthip Chomprang <chomprang at isoc.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I am sorry to report that I will not be able to at ten today's call as I am hosting INET Bangkok 2013 today and tomorrow. I shall be joining all future meetings. My apologies and please excuse me.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Thip
>> On 6 Jun 2556 BE, at 09:38, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> here is a proposal for a lightweight evaluation system for APrIGF proposals.
>>>
>>> for discussion tomorrow.
>>>
>>> i will shortly also share a Google spreadsheet which should give a better idea of how the ratings system would work.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>> ===
>>>

>>> APrIGF Proposal evaluation system - Draft
>>>
>>> Paul Wilson
>>>

>>> Criteria for Evaluation
>>> -----------------------
>>>
>>> Proposals will be evaluation according to 3 criteria, interpreted according to the following guidance:
>>>
>>> 1. Relevance
>>>
>>> Is the proposal relevant to the themes of this APrIGF meeting?  Are the themes clearly stated and/or evident in the proposal?  Are the specific issues to be addressed by the proposal also clear and relevant?
>>>
>>> 2. Completeness
>>>
>>> Does the proposal provide all information as requested in the CFP, specifically:  discussion theme and issues, format and approach, and panelists.  Is this information clear and complete enough to properly describe an acceptable proposal?  Does it appear than panellists are actually confirmed, or are they just invited, or only proposed?
>>>
>>> 3. Diversity
>>>
>>> Does the proposal include panelists and viewpoints from multiple stakeholder perspectives, from multiple geographic, economic or cultural perspectives?  Are all panelists properly qualified to represent one or more distinct stakeholder groups?  Do the proposed panellists contribute to the overall diversity and multi-stakeholder representation of the APrIGF event?
>>>

>>> Each proposal will be evaluated on each criterial, with a score between 0 and 3 as follows:
>>>
>>> 3 = criteria is fully satisfied
>>> 2 = acceptable
>>> 1 = needs improvement