[Rigf_program] Host 2014 Proposals Evaluation

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Mon Aug 19 14:04:38 HKT 2013

Dear Professor & colleagues,

A small detail for your kind consideration while deciding on the venue for
2014 APrIGF.

For many of us in south Asian countries, visa processes are more
exclusionary than anything else. We feel that a regional event in India may
result in exclusion of quite a few of us e.g. participants from Pakistan,
Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc. In the past, for Hyderabad IGF also, Pakistanis
were unable to attend because of cross border tensions.

Thought we should flag this issue to all of you.

Best wishes and regards
Shahzad