[Rigf_program] Host 2014 Proposals Evaluation

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 18:19:58 HKT 2013

Dear Yannis and all,

Thank you for sharing this. I would like to request you to kindly
share which proposal came in first. For members of this list, it is
prudent to note that we can adopt a first come first considered
approach and build an order according to proposals. There should also
be some sort of criterion to understand the readiness of a country to
host such an event.

If ISPAI and NIXI, India has presented the proposal first in the order
of submissions, and, the Department of Computer Science, University of
Philippines Cebu is second in that order of submission, the first EOI
should be considered for the coming year whereas the next year may be
considered for the second EOI.

Secondly, regional diversity is also an important consideration for
selection of a venue. So far, we have haven't had a APrIGF activity in
South Asia. May I propose for the program committee members to
consider a host country EOI to be considered in order of submission
and on the basis of the need for regional diversity?

Best

--
Regards.