[Rigf_program] FW: Hosting of APrIGF in India

Youn Jung Park yjpark21 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:08:55 HKT 2012

Hello Yanis and all,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Yannis Li <yannis at registry.asia> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Sorry guys for my late updates.

No problem. Thank you for your update from our meeting during APRALO in
Toronto.

>  Wonder who will be there physically in Baku?

Myself and Prof. Jaechon Park from Korea Internet Governance Alliance
(KIGA) and Ms. Min Jeong Park from KISA will attend the meeting.

>  Have talked to the Chengetai in Toronto that we can get a room for our
> APrIGF discussions.
>
> For easier coordination, let's do a doodle here to gather the possible
> time for us to meet.
> http://doodle.com/5adnmaz2mefdvegu

Let me return to doodle asap after confirming other schedules.

>  Some recap from Toronto, since we didn't really have time and enough
> people to make the discussion representative.
> But the basic suggestions put through was that to accept the proposal of
> South Korea for APrIGF 2013 and India to be the host of 2014 due to the
> following reasons:
> -  Recalling AP* meeting in India last Feb, South Korea has given way to
> Japan for 2012 and agreed to hold it for 2013 which the committee at that
> point all agreed.
> - The government KCC of South Korea has already committed and allocated
> budget for the event
> - Confirming hosts for 2 years ahead will give us a longer time span to
> plan for the future meetings and also our internal organizations

Thank you once again for your summery of the meeting.

>  We shall try to kick the ball rolling to ensure we have enough
> participants and promotions for APrIGF 2013. So the meeting conclusion in
> IGF Baku will be key.

Strongly agree.

I look forward to meeting with you all in Baku.

Best,
YJ