[Rigf_program] Further topic for the Tokyo agenda

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Sat May 12 17:23:20 HKT 2012

Agreed too. An issues-based panel would be more interesting than
sequential reporting.

The session would need a more pro-active and engaged panel chair.

On 12/5/12 3:30 PM, "Paul Wilson" <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

>I agree, a session on country IGF activities would be a good thing.  Can
>we find out more precisely how many of those there will be?
>
>I think the structure of the session deserves some thought - because the
>least interesting is to have a series of sequential free-form reports,
>without preparation or structure.  Perhaps a panel-format with discussion
>organised by theme?
>
>Maybe we could have discussion not only of the content but of the form
>and functioning of the IGF itself - i.e. gathering views on ongoing
>direction/improvement of the event, and the whole "IGF system" such as it
>is.
>
>If this is planned in advance clearly enough, then that could also inform
>the national processes (or at least the panelists) in advance of the
>meetings themselves (those that are yet to happen).
>
>paul
>

>On 12/05/2012, at 11:01 AM, Izumi AIZU wrote:
>
>> Very good idea, Keith and Kuo Wu.
>>
>> Izumi
>>
>> 2012年5月12日土曜日 Keith Davidson keith at internetnz.net.nz:
>> Fully agree with these comments Kuo Wu. If we could have a "reporting in
>> session" from any countries and territories who have issues to raise. I
>> would think it would only be 5 minutes per country or per "in-country
>> IGF" - raising only the 3 or 4 most significant issues for the local
>> Internet community?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> On 11/05/2012 5:07 p.m., Wu Kuo wrote:
>> > My comment is : It is fine for those countries have its' own IGF to
>>report their concern and comment. But it is also fine to figure out the
>>regional common interest or special issues. If you can share how NZ work
>>on your own IGF, it is good experience sharing to others. :-)
>> >
>> > Kuo Wu
>> >

>> > 從我的 iPhone 傳送
>> >
>> > Keith Davidson<keith at internetnz.net.nz>  於 2012/5/11 12:20 寫道:

>>IGFs
>>week
>>be
>>have
>>were etc.

>> --
>>                      >> Izumi Aizu <<
>> Institute for InfoSocionomics, Tama University, Tokyo
>> Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita,
>> Japan
>> www.anr.org

>Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC                      <dg at apnic.net>
>http://www.apnic.net                                     +61 7 3858 3100

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.