[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] getting started for APrIGF 2012

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Mon Mar 12 22:27:26 HKT 2012

On 2012-03-12, at 12:20 AM, Wu Kuo wrote:

> I like to have topics to talk about :
>
> a. "Why PIPA/SOPA/ACTA? What's the impact to Internet future?"

This came up at the IGF consultation in Geneva in Feb.

Specifically citing PIPA/SOPA has the potential of narrowing the conversation too much. I would instead rephrase the topic so something broader in scope.

Let me suggest the following:

Intellectual Property Legislative initiatives - their effect on Internet Governance.  How Global trade agreements (ACTA) and national legislation in the US (PIPA/SOPA), France (HADOPY),  and UK's digital economy act will affect the internet globally and Asia....

> b. "new gTLD program and future internet"
> c. "Business opportunity of IDN in reality"

Given all the developments over the last year, let me suggest there be a track focused on Cyber Security - one that tries to promote a balanced approach between national security concerns and rights.

regards

Robert