[Rigf_program] Revised Program for Finalizing!

Rajnesh D. Singh singh at isoc.org
Wed Jun 27 18:19:14 HKT 2012

I am bringing over one person from the Pacific, and as it happens one from South Asia, for that very reason - that the event is at least somewhat representative of "Asia-Pacific".

I think for future events, more attention has to be given for regional coverage, particularly if we continue to name this "Asia-Pacific" regional IGF.

And I would suggest that the Pacific is also in the summing up session.

>From South Asia, I have David Appasamy, who I think many on this list would know of. From the Pacific, I have Maureen Hilyard, current Chair of the Pacific Islands chapter of the Internet Society.

I should add, their presence is contingent on appropriate visa processes, and we are working on that.

I can ask one or both to speak during the summing up session, if the programme committee so wishes.

Raj

--
Rajnesh D. Singh
Asia-Pacific Bureau

Anja Kovacs <anja at internetdemocracy.in> wrote:

Dear all,

The program looks very interesting and I will be very sad to miss the meeting. If I may make one suggestion though: would it perhaps be possible to include someone from the South Asia region in the last panel (Baku and the way forward) as well? Especially in this final, summing up session, I think it would be an appropriate gesture to ensure all regions are represented, to signal quite strongly that we are serious about evolving this into a true Asia-Pacific-wide event.

Thanks and best regards,
Anja