[Rigf_program] Requirements for session chairs

Yoshihiro Obata ObataYoshihiro at eaccess.net
Wed Jun 13 21:53:54 HKT 2012

Dear MSG members,

Considering the trend of IGF to issue reports and the requirement for a
report of APrIGF to Baku IGF, I would like to have a process as follows.

1. Each session chair submits a report of their meeting in about one A4
page as follows. (I will prepare a format later)
summary of each presentation
summary of panel discussion
points of consensus and no consensus from the panel discussion
2. Each report shall be submitted by email by the next morning except
for the ones on Friday, which shall submit a brief report within one
hour after the session followed by a report by next Monday after the
meeting.
3. I will prepare a 30 minute report for the closing plenary based on
these reports or some of the session chairs may provide their individual
report. Considering the time scarcity, please discuss this issue during
the next teleconference.
4. I will copy all these reports into one document with a summary to
submit to the Baku IGF. I think I can reach there to provide a
presentation. If Peng Hwa also goes to Baku, it might be more
appropriate for him to do it instead of me.

I also think that we should ask the session chairs to prepare some
questions for the panel discussion and distribute it to the panelists
one week before the forum and to allocate at least 30 minutes for panel
discussion.

Sincerely,
Yoshihiro Obata