[Rigf_program] Some updates for APrIGF

Rajnesh D. Singh singh at isoc.org
Mon Jul 2 14:56:13 HKT 2012

I am fine with the change to accommodate Murai-san.

Raj
--
Rajnesh D. Singh
Asia-Pacific Bureau

Yoshihiro Obata <ObataYoshihiro at eaccess.net> wrote:

Dear program committee members,

  I have a couple of updates to share with you.

  Firstly, we have to ask for your permission to split the welcome speech and keynote speech.  Although Dr.Murai accepted the offer of the keynote speech, he has another appointment in the early morning on 18th so that he can only be present at 11:30AM.  We would like to propose the change of the program as follows.  I am sorry for this last minute change but Dr.Murai is very famous in Japan and I think it is worth to change the schedule to have a speech from him.

OLD
0930-1030Opening Plenary Welcome remarks Keynote Speech 1030-1100Coffee Break1100-1300Introduction The State of the IGF
NEW
0930-1000Opening Plenary
 Welcome remarks
- Dr. Ang Peng Hwa
- Mr. Taketsune Watanabe, Chairman, Japan ISP Association
-  Mr.Shun Sakurai, Director-General of the Telecommunications Bureau, MIC
-  Mr.Akira Arima, President & CEO, NTT Communications Corporation
- Mr.Chengetai Masango
- Dr. Chinglai ??
- Mr. Keith Davidson
1000-1200Introduction
The State of the IGF
1200-1230Keynote Speech

  Secondly, we decided to offer a bag for each attendant so that it is possible to distribute brochures.  We will also prepare a desk near the registration for last minute distribution of brochures.

  Due to Dr.Fujikawa's great effort in the arrangement, all sessions will be held on the same floor of the newest building in the campus.  The main hall is designed as an international conference center and it has interpretation facilities.  The other session rooms will be typical classroom style with a projector.  The facilities that we will prepare are as follows.  Please be reminded that the Internet access will be shared by U-Stream so that we may need to shape traffic if it hurts video streaming.
Main hall
- Simultaneous interpretation
- English transcription
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access
Room A
- Simultaneous interpretation
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access
Room B
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access

  Lunch will be offered to all attendants.  We plan to issue tickets at the registration that you can use from 8 menus at the cafeteria on the 1st (ground) floor of the building.  It is highly recommended to pre-register for logistical reasons.  We will have an open reception on the first night (18th) for all attendants and a closed reception for sponsors and speakers on the third night.

  Unfortunately, I may not be able to attend the next teleconference due to a JAIPA event for Internet security.  If there is any concern in changing the program as above, I would like to ask for early comments in emails.

  I look forward to seeing you in Tokyo.

Sincerely,
Yoshihiro Obata