[Rigf_program] Some updates for APrIGF

Yoshihiro Obata ObataYoshihiro at eaccess.net
Mon Jul 2 14:22:36 HKT 2012

Dear program committee members,

I have a couple of updates to share with you.

Firstly, we have to ask for your permission to split the welcome speech
and keynote speech. Although Dr.Murai accepted the offer of the keynote
speech, he has another appointment in the early morning on 18th so that
he can only be present at 11:30AM. We would like to propose the change
of the program as follows. I am sorry for this last minute change but
Dr.Murai is very famous in Japan and I think it is worth to change the
schedule to have a speech from him.

OLD
0930-1030 	Opening Plenary
Welcome remarks
Keynote Speech
1030-1100 	Coffee Break
1100-1300 	Introduction
The State of the IGF

NEW
0930-1000 	Opening Plenary
Welcome remarks
- Dr. Ang Peng Hwa
- Mr. Taketsune Watanabe, Chairman, Japan ISP Association
- Mr.Shun Sakurai, Director-General of the Telecommunications Bureau, MIC
- Mr.Akira Arima, President & CEO, NTT Communications Corporation
- Mr.Chengetai Masango
- Dr. Chinglai ??
- Mr. Keith Davidson
1000-1200 	Introduction
The State of the IGF
1200-1230 	Keynote Speech

Secondly, we decided to offer a bag for each attendant so that it is
possible to distribute brochures. We will also prepare a desk near the
registration for last minute distribution of brochures.

Due to Dr.Fujikawa's great effort in the arrangement, all sessions will
be held on the same floor of the newest building in the campus. The main
hall is designed as an international conference center and it has
interpretation facilities. The other session rooms will be typical
classroom style with a projector. The facilities that we will prepare
are as follows. Please be reminded that the Internet access will be
shared by U-Stream so that we may need to shape traffic if it hurts
video streaming.
Main hall
- Simultaneous interpretation
- English transcription
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access
Room A
- Simultaneous interpretation
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access
Room B
- U-Stream
- Projector
- Internet access

Lunch will be offered to all attendants. We plan to issue tickets at the
registration that you can use from 8 menus at the cafeteria on the 1st
(ground) floor of the building. It is highly recommended to pre-register
for logistical reasons. We will have an open reception on the first
night (18th) for all attendants and a closed reception for sponsors and
speakers on the third night.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to attend the next teleconference due
to a JAIPA event for Internet security. If there is any concern in
changing the program as above, I would like to ask for early comments in
emails.

I look forward to seeing you in Tokyo.

Sincerely,
Yoshihiro Obata