[Rigf_program] New Development [was Meeting in Singapore]

Youn Jung Park yjpark21 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:01:24 HKT 2012

Hi Peng Hwa,

> Given that Dr Sir was committed to the APrIGF and had some impressive
resource mobilization powers (he arranged so he sat next to me to discuss
the APrIGF in a recent seminar I attended in Seoul), I hope that  his
successor would 1. Be equally supportive of the APrIGF and 2. Be able to
muster the resources.

I can assure folks at KISA are dedicated to the upcoming APrIGF.

Our coordination to make consensus on APrIGF meetings and other IG mattets,
on the other hand, took place in the KIGA/ISOC-KR platform where key KISA
folks participate in as members including Dr. Sir.

> I think the group of us here would appreciate being updated regarding
those resources to the extent you can.

Not much changes indeed. ISOC-KR/KIGA hosted our first ISOC-KR kick-off
meeting last Thursday to coordinate the planning of APrIGF where newly
appointed KISA senior members - who are also here cced - met with existing
key community members like Dr. Sir.

Taking this opportunity, it would be great to include two of them from KISA
in the program committee.

If you have further questions and clarifications, let me know.

Thank you,
YJ

> Regards,
> Peng Hwa
>

> From: YJ Park <yjpark21 at gmail.com>
> Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012 7:27 AM
> To: Kuo-Wei Wu <kuoweiwu at gmail.com>, "program at ap.rigf.asia" <
program at ap.rigf.asia>
> Cc: 김도환 <hwan at kcc.go.kr>, "inpyo at kisa.or.kr" <inpyo at kisa.or.kr>, 이계남 <
knlee at kisa.or.kr>
> Subject: Re: [Rigf_program] Meeting in Singapore
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> > We should start to think about the schedule and program as soon as
possible, then we can discuss in APRICOT Singapore meeting. Or it will be
too late for promotion and administration.

>> It sounds great!
>>
>> > If it is possible for Korea KISA to suggest a date for APrIGF meeting,
and we can also start to initiate programs?

>> Recently KIGA/ISOC-KR/KISA/KCC met and discussed how to organize APrIGF
in Korea.

>> APrIGF has been held either June or July so initially such timeframe was
mainly considered.

>> Counter-proposal presented in the table this Thursday was a possibility
of connecting APrIGF to Seoul Cyberspace Conference (Oct. 17/18) in
conjunction with financial cycle that can promote more participation. In
this case, late August or early September was considered.

>> The second scenario's situation, on the other hands, requires
coordination with Ministry of Foreign Affairs here so decisions on
finalizing the dates has been delayed.

>> In the meantime, your feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>> YJ
>> >
>> > Kuo Wu
>> >
>> > 從我的 iPad 傳送
>> >
>> > "Ang Peng Hwa (Prof)" <TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg> 於 2012/11/30 下午7:10 寫道:

Feb 24

rigf_secretariat-bounces at ap.rigf.asia] On Behalf Of Ang Peng Hwa (Prof)

may want to be there. I myself have an invitation to a conference in Delhi
Feb 25-27 and would like to be there if I can.

named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended
recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its
content.