[Rigf_program] APrIGF 2013--India is interested

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Aug 31 13:12:06 HKT 2012

Folks,

I met Kuo-Wei to discuss the APrIGF process but there were just two of us.
What we concluded was that it was essential to get the call for hosting
out. That was Wednesday.

This Friday morning I met Dr. Govind, senior director of the Government of
India's Ministry of CIT, because he expressed interest to host the 2013
APrIGF in India. Some people here at the APNIC conference seem to suggest
that India would make a better choice. The South Asia region would be more
likely to attend.

We need to get the bid document out to them soon. And of course prompt the
South Koreans to respond.

A number of us will be at the IGF at Baku. We should take the opportunity
to iron out the civil society process issues. But it would be best to get
the bid documents out and then get a firm decision at Baku in early
November. Having lived in India, I am a bit concerned that they may need
more time should they win the bid.

Regards,
Peng Hwa

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.