[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] Consensus Call for The Chair of PC/MSG

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Sat Apr 21 17:05:34 HKT 2012

Thank you everyone for appointing me as chair.

I think I speak for everyone on this list that we really believe in the
need for an AP meeting to discuss Internet governance issues.

Special thanks to Izumi Aizu for addressing the governance issue through
this arrangement.

And also to Paul for a suggestion that was quickly adopted. Can't say the
MSG name is culturally out of place.

For the Vice-Chair, may I propose Hong Xue. Many of us in the group know
her. At this time, the need is for programming the meeting and Hong had
organized an Internet governance training session at her university last
year. Plus we have worked together. She also has a reasonably high profile
in the Internet governance arena, serving in ICANN.

For your consideration.

Regards,
Peng Hwa

On 21/4/12 12:26 AM, "Miwa Kubosaki" <kubosaki at freedomhouse.org> wrote:

>Thanks everyone, and Hiro-san, Izumi-san, Paul et al.
>
>Thank you Izumi-san for coming up with the structure & function of the
>PC/MSG - very helpful to know.
>
>I am personally fine with Prof. Ang Peng Hwa to be the chair.
>
>Regarding the name of this group (PC or MSG etc.), personally, either
>would be fine with me - as Paul & Izumi-san mentioned, it's more about
>what this group can achieve in run up to APrIGF and during/(after?) the
>event, as well as in terms of both quality & quantity (outreach etc.).
>But, I think that some of you would know much better than I do in terms
>of political meaning of either term and sensibility in using one of the
>terms over another.
>
>I also very much appreciate that some friends specified that we do not
>want "top-down" or "exclusive" approach, since the goal of IGF process is
>multi-stakeholder and open dialogue.  Please know that my colleagues &
>partners also very much agree with this, and so thank you.
>
>I understand that we will now be collecting a consensus on to-be
>vice-chair, and so looking forward to hearing an update on that.
>
>In the meantime, as I shared earlier this week or last week, my
>colleagues, partners and I are discussing to share with you all our
>preliminary ideas for a few possible sessions for APrIGF under a few of
>those IGF-Baku themes.  We are hoping to do this by the end of next week
>(week of April 22) if not, sometime in the following week.  I hope that
>this & similar work by other friends would help keep our discussion
>moving forward and to hear from you some feedback.
>
>Thank you everyone,
>Miwa
>
>On Apr 20, 2012, at 4:21 AM, Cheryl Langdon-Orr wrote:
>
>> Yes I support this approach...
>> Cheryl Langdon-Orr ...  (CLO)
>>  http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
>>

>> On 19 April 2012 20:00, Rajnesh D. Singh <singh at isoc.org> wrote:
>> Sounds fine.
>>
>> Raj
>> ISOC
>> --
>> Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.
>>
>> Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> wrote:
>> May I confirm that the Chair of the Program Committee (or modified
>> to "Multistakeholder Steering Group") for APrIFG 2012 will be Prof,
>>
>> Peng Hwa Ang?
>>

>> Then, as I proposed, The Chair will nominate one Vice Chair, and local
>> host will nominate one Vice Chair. Is that also OK?
>>
>> Unless we hear strong objection within 48 hours, I propose that this is
>>closed.
>>

>> Of course, we like to see some more proactive endorsement, as well.
>>
>> After that, we can enter or continue the substantive discussion on the
>> program organization. The local team in Tokyo had a meeting yesterday,
>>
>> and I will give your some report and their tentative proposal early
>>
>> next week.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> izumi

> [...]

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.