[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] Consensus Call for The Chair of PC/MSG

Miwa Kubosaki kubosaki at freedomhouse.org
Sat Apr 21 06:26:36 HKT 2012

Thanks everyone, and Hiro-san, Izumi-san, Paul et al.

Thank you Izumi-san for coming up with the structure & function of the PC/MSG - very helpful to know.

I am personally fine with Prof. Ang Peng Hwa to be the chair.

Regarding the name of this group (PC or MSG etc.), personally, either would be fine with me - as Paul & Izumi-san mentioned, it's more about what this group can achieve in run up to APrIGF and during/(after?) the event, as well as in terms of both quality & quantity (outreach etc.).  But, I think that some of you would know much better than I do in terms of political meaning of either term and sensibility in using one of the terms over another.

I also very much appreciate that some friends specified that we do not want "top-down" or "exclusive" approach, since the goal of IGF process is multi-stakeholder and open dialogue.  Please know that my colleagues & partners also very much agree with this, and so thank you.

I understand that we will now be collecting a consensus on to-be vice-chair, and so looking forward to hearing an update on that.

In the meantime, as I shared earlier this week or last week, my colleagues, partners and I are discussing to share with you all our preliminary ideas for a few possible sessions for APrIGF under a few of those IGF-Baku themes.  We are hoping to do this by the end of next week (week of April 22) if not, sometime in the following week.  I hope that this & similar work by other friends would help keep our discussion moving forward and to hear from you some feedback.

Thank you everyone,
Miwa