[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] APrIGF Draft programme 2 April 2012

Wu Kuo kuoweiwu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:27:13 HKT 2012

Adam,

Here is my point : Actually those "political pressure association" not only asked US congress to pass the law of "PIPA/SOPA", but also launch the same asking in EC to pass ACTA. As I heard, they are going to launch the same motion in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, .. to work out the similar law. This is not a single case in US congress or EC only. And PIPA/SOPA case doesn't gone away. From NY Times and other media, you will find they start to launch the other way to pass "modified law as PIPA/SOPA" in US congress. It is not over at all.

It is important to introduce such case to "educate" or "discuss" in AP region. So the AP region form people, cilvil society, private sector (such as Wikipedia, Google,..), government familiar the issues and background behind PIPA/SOPA/ACTA, so we (AP region) can evaluate or figure out our choice based on AP regional interest if such case happen in AP region.

That is my point. PIPA/SOPA/ACTA is not only for US or EC. It can happen to us if we are not ready!

Kuo Wu

Adam Peake 於 2012/4/6 下午6:20 寫道: