[Rigf_announce] APrIGF Taipei 2016 – Synthesis Document Input Period into Draft 1 until 5 Aug!

APrIGF Secretariat sec at aprigf.asia
Mon Aug 1 17:19:04 HKT 2016

Dear APrIGF Community,

APrIGF Taipei 2016 has concluded last week, the forum was a resounding success with a diverse participation of over 300 attendees from 20 countries!

As announced at the closing plenary, the input period into Draft 1 of the Synthesis Document (http://comment.aprigf.asia/ <http://comment.aprigf.asia/>) has been extended to 5 August, 2016, 23:59 UTC.

For those with us in Taipei, we hope you have all arrived safely to all your onward destinations, and have had some time to reflect on the robust and interesting workshops and discussions at APrIGF.  We thank all the participants who have made vocal interventions at the town hall and special sessions, and strongly encourage all to use the commenting platform (http://comment.aprigf.asia/ <http://comment.aprigf.asia/>) for any text suggestions and comments, as well as indicating support for any topic placeholders.

We would like to emphasize the call for input into the 9 guiding questions found in the Synthesis Document (http://comment.aprigf.asia/ <http://comment.aprigf.asia/> paragraphs 16-24).  With your help, the APrIGF Taipei 2016 Synthesis Document can improve as a platform to voices in the Asia Pacific region, as well as serve as a contribution to the IGF intersessional work – ‘Policy Options for Connecting and Enabling the Next Billion – Phase II’, and other relevant local and national forums on Internet governance.

For more details and background of the Synthesis Document, please visit https://2016.aprigf.asia/synthesis/ <https://2016.aprigf.asia/synthesis/>.

Best Regards,

Secretariat of APrIGF
DotAsia Organisation Ltd.
Address: 12F, Daily House, 35-37 Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2244 7900   ︳Fax: +852 2244 7902  ︳http://www.aprigf.asia <http://www.dot.asia/>