[Rigf_program] Definition of 'AP region'

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Fri Mar 29 07:44:19 HKT 2013

I support Edmon's proposal here, in principle at least.

But I think some definition or guidance on the region is going to be necessary, because a completely "inclusive" approach could include the ICANN region going west, and the APEC region going east - a very big region.

The APNIC boundaries are historical and entirely geographical (without the political issues that Kieth pointed out).  They may be convenient for this purpose, but there may be alternatives.

There is also no reason to reference "APNIC" in the definition.  Instead we could describe it as follows:

South and Central Asia
East and South East Asia
Oceania and western Pacific Islands

Paul.