[Rigf_program] Draft Operating Principles

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:24:47 HKT 2013

A few concerns:

"The name of this group shall be the Asia Pacific Regional Internet
Governance Forum
Multistakeholder Steering Group."

I in favor of keeping the title as Multistakeholder Advisory Group. I
don't find it necessary to rename the MAG approach. I see ArabIGF also
adopting the IGF approach to titling MAG.

"shall be the economies covered by APNIC"

I believe that we should be more geared towards a regional
diversification based other than APNIC. For governments and Civil
Society organizations around the region, APNIC may not be a recognized
approach to geographical representation. At APRALO we have a broader
regional diversification based on the ICANN's acceptance of UN
allocated diversification.

I would also like to see some formal acceptance of Human Rights, Human
Development and Internet Principles in this document. I know the
political economy of the IGF is still being pushed at no formal
recognition of recommendations and influencing Internet Public Policy
but we can find space for cooperation between the stakeholders of the
APrIGF.

Best

Fouad Bajwa

--