[Rigf_program] APrIGF -2014- RFP by ISPAI.PDF

Rajesh rc at cjnet4u.com
Fri Jul 19 13:33:40 HKT 2013

Dear Program Committee,

As per discussion, ISPAI and NIXI (National Internet Exchange of India) intends to host 2014 APrIGF in India at GOA or Cochin or Hyderabad. As required RFP is attached herewith. Feel free to contact for any query or clarification.

India have already shown their success story in Mobile penetration, and now Government of India have come out for Broadband penetration the same way, recently they have announced National Telecom Policy 2012, the main objective of this policy is Broadband penetration in country and bridging between Rural and Urban India. Given target of Broadband is 600 million by 2020 but as we have achieved target of mobile penetration 3 - 4 years earlier, similarly we are align for achieving broadband target. Government of India have invested 5 billion US DOLLARS to connect rural India with Urban India to empower common man with this important tool of communication "Internet".

I hope Committee will consider our proposal and will award.

Further as suggested dates of APNIC stand alone meeting and APrIGF is so close, it becomes difficult for attendee of both event to attend, as there is a gap of around 4 to 5 days in between. I propose to host both event together to give attendee a comfortability. There will be no operational issue, program committee of both event can plan jointly about the dates, as now in APNIC workshop is also happening, we can use last 3 days of APNIC workshop for our APrIGF event at the same venue. This way no the events will become very economical as logistics wise we don't have to repeat for any event.

Please also note that NIXI our associate organisation has also agreed for under writing the whole event if any shortage of finance. The is an agreement that ISPAI and NIXI will jointly host all  IT related international events in India.

ISPAI and NIXI jointly have successfully hosted several events like APNIC, SANOG, APRICOT, IGF, ICANN and now SANOG every year in different different places of India with large international attendee. Some time few event we have hosted jointly like APNIC and SANOG.

Please acknowledge the receipt of RFP in proper format, and if any more clarification feel free to contact any time.

I hope for your consideration.