[Rigf_program] Meeting with AP govt in Beijing

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Tue Apr 9 10:15:15 HKT 2013

Adam, any news on this meeting with GAC yet?

If the meeting is going ahead, then I am happy to speak, as acting Chair of MSG.

That said, I'd like to hear suggestions for messages that we should bring to the GAC members.  Here is my proposal, just as a starting point:

1. We will take this chance to address the GAC for the sake of Asia-Pacific GAC members, but not exclusively.

2. We want to ensure firstly that GAC members are aware of the 2 IGF events this year: Seoul and Bali.  (I hope we will have APrIGF postcards to distribute, though I have not personally seen them here in Beijing yet)

3. We will point out the CFP processes for both meetings, including the coming deadlines.  Stress that this is the chance for all stakeholders to propose topics and content that are of interest, to make the IGF more valuable for everyone.

4. We want to stress the importance of governmental involvement in the IGF process at all levels, as part of the multistakeholder process, and ask for help from the GAC to achieve that.  While we assume that GAC members are familiar with IGF, we also ask for their help i promoting awareness of the IGF process to their Governments.

5. We will invite any interested members to join the mailing list.

I don't have any presentation slides yet, but I may get the chance to work on those today.

Also I don't know if anyone from KIGA is here to present more details on the Seoul meeting - but I hope so.

Comments welcome, please!

Thanks.

Paul.