[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] Conference Call: Friday May 4, 2012

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Wed May 9 10:49:56 HKT 2012

Adam,

Sorry missed your email.

Edmon,
I have incorporated the changes from Adam. This is good to go.

Peng Hwa

From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp<mailto:ajp at glocom.ac.jp>>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:27:46 +0800
To: Hong Xue <hongxueipr at gmail.com<mailto:hongxueipr at gmail.com>>
Cc: AngPH <tphang at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:tphang at ntu.edu.sg>>, Izumi Aizu <iza at anr.org<mailto:iza at anr.org>>, APrIGF PC <program at ap.rigf.asia<mailto:program at ap.rigf.asia>>
Subject: Re: [Rigf_program] Conference Call: Friday May 4, 2012

Hong, great.

So we're good to go, Peng Hwa?

Best,

Adam

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Hong Xue <hongxueipr at gmail.com<mailto:hongxueipr at gmail.com>> wrote:
Thanks, Adam!  Fully agree--thanks for adding CISPA. I made a little
adjustment in the last sentence.

> Meanwhile, the borderless nature of the Internet and the potential
> extra-territorial impact of domestic legislative action was highlighted
> earlier this year when the U.S. proposed tough laws aimed at preventing the
> theft of copyright materials online; laws which would have made Internet
> users world-wide vulnerable to U.S. law. The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)
> and the Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) were proposed, but action
> by citizens and businesses stopped them becoming law.

Some are now concerned that new domestic legislation, such as the U.S.
Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) may have a
similar global impact as international treaties, such as
Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) or pending Trans-Pacific
Partnership Agreement (TPP).

Hong