[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] getting started for APrIGF 2012

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Tue Mar 13 16:57:14 HKT 2012

Just heard that Call for Workshops at the IGF Baku is out. Haven't see it
though yet.

Am I right to understand that essentially some of the sessions proposed and
organized at the APrIGF should then be taken up at the Global IGF for wider
audience and larger debate? So do we want that APrIGF is in total sync with
global IGF?

We think two pronged strategy will be good, where we can discuss some
specific regional issues, which may not necessarily be of interest at global
IGF but then some, which feed regional perspective to the larger global
debate in Baku. Kindly advise.

It will be good to get small description of each session from the folks, who
are proposing them. The description can also add the collaborations, which
will then be very useful for the programme committee to discuss and decide
for addition in the overall programme of APrIGF.

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad