[Rigf_program] the session proposal from Dr.Fujikawa related to child labor

Ang Peng Hwa (Prof) TPHANG at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Jun 14 23:39:00 HKT 2012

Dear Obata-san,

Of the two sessions proposed by Dr. Fujikawa, this was the less complete
one. There was no other person other than Dr. Fujikawa himself. And given
the narrowing window of time, we thought that the speakers might mainly be
from Japan. Because of the uncertainty, we had actually proposed that if
the session is to be held, it would be along the lines of what you had
mentioned--a Japanese-language session and in the fourth meeting room.

There was no proposal to reject the session out of hand.

Regards,
Peng Hwa

On 14/6/12 4:34 PM, "Yoshihiro Obata" <ObataYoshihiro at eaccess.net> wrote:

>Dear MSG members,
>
>I am sorry that I could not attend the last teleconference bit I would
>like to make a proposal for the child labor session.
>
>Firstly, I think this is a very important issue since it will talk about
>what the whole world is trying to filter out from the Internet. We need
>to understand the content of child abuse when we are filtering these
>contents or not filtering saying that it is of human rights to show
>contents to the public or to a limited community of people.
>
>I think there are two ways to handle this. If we think that it is of
>similar interest for Asia Pacific audience, we might want to put it
>under B5 where we get interpreters by putting the current B5 or C5 to
>the fourth room, D5. if we think that it is more of a Japan issur since
>it is related to our operation of filtering the Internet by ISPs to
>prevent spread of child porno inside Japan, we can place it under D5 and
>have it in Japanese as a side event under IGF Japan.
>Personally, I prefer the former solution since it is also a good chance
>to involve ILO into APrIGF.
>
>I think the worst thing to do is to reject the proposal. I would like to
>ask for your advice.
>
>Sincerely,
>Yoshihiro Obata
>
>session theme : Child Labor and Internet Governance
>
>background and outline : Child Labour is so serious problem to destroy
>social and economic development of countries. This is why International
>Labour Organization has been very active in eliminating Child Labour.
>However, in "Internet" world, it is a very pity that we could find many
>contents related Child Labour, such as Child pornography and Child
>prostitution. This session has the aim to consider what kind of actual
>activities "Internet " could cooperate with ILO in order to cope with
>Child Labour problems.
>
>panelist : Prof, Hisaaki Fujikawa (Aoyama Gakuin University, attorney at
>law), ILO officer(not confirmed)

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.