[Rigf_program] continuation of APrIGF work

Edmon Chung edmon at registry.asia
Fri Jul 27 09:22:36 HKT 2012

That is a good idea.  In the first APrIGF, we did a survey and collected some good input.  This time, I think perhaps we can start with a round of thoughts from this program committee first?...

Perhaps if everyone can put in some thoughts (even unstructured) to this email thread:

1. Good and should be continued/expanded
- open call for workshops (outside of program committee)
- inclusion of locally relevant topics to attract local audience (and spark interest from regional audience)
- simultaneous interpretation for sessions
- integration of YIGF Camp, especially reporting session into APrIGF
- local secretariat + regional secretariat coordination

2. Needs improvement
- remote participation (ability to take questions / interact with remote participants)
- diversity and multistakeholder participation at each panel
- pc/msg processes
- earlier preparations
- coordination with national/subregional IGFs (including in preparation and follow up stages)
- participation from outside of industry
- proximity of main hotel and venue

3. Ideas
- workshops designed for more intensive discussions (2 types of sessions: more general / more in depth)
- follow on workshops at UN IGF (requires earlier preparations)
- ongoing meeting preparation (i.e. monthly meeting of program committee)

Others, please add your thoughts...

Edmon