[Rigf_program] Meeting in Singapore

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:00:41 HKT 2012

Hi Wu,

I think the question should first be as per the following otherwise it is
attributed to being normative and sensationalizing the issue:

1. which Governments in Asia have shut down the Internet,
2. who took the decision,
3. who ordered and implemented the shutdown,
4. what constitutional articles, laws and acts were followed
5. how was the shutdown done, both administrative and technical procedures,
6. what were the implications of the shutdown,
7. how did citizens react, how did the civil society respond, what do think
tanks propose?
8. what do governments in neighboring and surrounding regions understand
from this?

These are the questions and examples for the WCIT/ITU not the other way
around. Its not only a US centric and Critical Internet Resource management
discussion that is the challenge but we have to be sensitive to our parts
of the world and address these issues first.

--
Regards.