[Rigf_program] Meeting in Singapore

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 05:18:40 HKT 2012

Good suggestions Paul and +1 from this end!

Kindly note that for people in the ASEAN region, its simpler to
acquire visas and travel to SK. On the other hand, most of the
surrounding developing region of Asia-Pacific needs ample time to be
reached out to and have their visas arranged. In the past I have had
good experience of making arrangements for acquiring the SK visa and I
think it would be appropriate to hold pre-event preparatory in our
countries to help people understand what the APrIGF is and how they
can participate and contribute.

This would also help prospective participants make arrangements for
budget and travel well in time. Secondly this would also help in
identifying speakers from our country. It is not necessary that we
also fall prey to the short-comings of the IGF and instead we should
find ways to make the APrIGF achieve impact so this may be one way of
adding value as an example.

It would also signify that countries or stakeholders participating
from any country in the APrIGF bring in meaningful and experienced
contributions. We intervene regularly through the media and other
avenues on Internet Governance issues... and one shortfall of the
previous support to APrIGF was that we were restricted to topics set
by the sponsors of the event. This should be readdressed that
sponsorship not hold dictation and that all stakeholders together
design sessions with mutual consensus.

Take care

Fouad Bajwa