[Rigf_secretariat] [Rigf_program] Operating Framework for PC

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Apr 9 21:51:49 HKT 2012

Dear all,

Peng Hwa, Hong and myself had opportunity to informally discuss about
the APrIGF and its program committee operation. We agreed to have
a minimum set of rules for the PC, as "operating framework" to make it
more open, sustainable and legitimate.

Since we don't want to have too heavy and too formal procedure,  it is of
minimal one.

In the interest of the time, we hope to reach [rough] consensus by say
one week,
then conclude the Chair, and go on. We may not need to decide all the details,
rather, we ca start with rough principle and make practical changes as we learn
in "experimental" mode.

Here is the proposal for the operating framework for the PC, reflecting our
discussion. Let us hear your comments and hope to reach consensus shortly.

best,

izumi

---------------
Operating Framework for the Program Committee of APrIGF

Chair and Vice Chair
A Chair is elected by PC members and will preside the Program Committee.
Nomination period for 1 week, then call for consensus if there is
one nomination only, or vote if there are more than two candidates.

The Chair may appoint a Vice Chair. The local organizer can also
appoint another Vice Chair.

Vice Chairs will assist the Chair and in case of Chair's absence,
they will carry out the Chair's role.

For the past two meetings, we have had Peng Hwa Ang as the default
Chair, and I like to nominate him for the third one as well.

Decision of PC
The decision of PC shall be made by consensus of the members.
The Chair will declare the [rough] consensus. However, in exceptional
cases, such as when there is strong dissent within the PC, a Vote will
be called.

Making of Program
Tracks that follow the global IGF themes with modifications
as appropriate to reflect the regional situation will be established

A track will have one or two coordinators assigned by PC.
Coordinators are responsible for the implementation of the
programs within the track.

An open call for Session/Speaker shall be issued.
A session covers the entire session with specific theme,
a few speakers etc. There can be a single speaker proposal/
nomination without specific session in mind. That proposal
will be synthesized into session/track by coordinators.

A Session proposal should include:
- Track/theme
- Concise Description of the Session
- Proposed speakers with affiliation and bios
- Contact person

A speaker proposal should include:
- Name of the Speaker with bio
- Title\theme of the speech
- Concise Description why he or she is recommended

[END]