[Rigf_announce] Invitation to Asia Pacific yIGF 2021 Virtual Camp

APrIGF Secretariat sec at aprigf.asia
Mon Aug 30 12:41:38 HKT 2021

Dear APrIGF Community,

This is Jenna Fung from DotAsia Organisation. I hope you are doing well. Like another year, NetMission is currently organising the youth IGF alongside the APrIGF this year. I would like to provide some details about the yIGF 2021 virtual camp we are hosting in September below. We appreciate if you could help forward the information to young professionals or university students in your community.

Asia Pacific yIGF 2021 Virtual Camp is a 4-day virtual camp aimed at increasing youth knowledge of Internet governance and inspiring the younger generation to participate more actively in policy-making for the Internet.  The yIGF also offers a youth-friendly forum to openly express and exchange views and ideas on Internet governance. It is also preparing the youths to comprehend numerous Internet concerns and  exposing them to worldwide policy debates.

The theme of this year’s yIGF is “Envisioning a sustainable Internet for today and tomorrow” which will be concentrating on two main topics: (1) Ramifications of Internet hardware on the environment and geopolitics, and (2) Is Cryptocurrency harming our planet?. The structure of this virtual discussion will encompass roundtable discussion, meetup with industry experts, dialogue with the APAC youth leaders, youth policy statement and presentation, and virtual social meetups.

Attached herewith in this email are the promotion leaflets of yIGF 2021 to furnish your good self with further details regarding the virtual camp. For more information, you may refer to the attached document, or visit the event website at https://netmission.asia/2021/08/13/asia-pacific-youth-igf-2021-recruitment/ <https://netmission.asia/2021/08/13/asia-pacific-youth-igf-2021-recruitment/> to find more details about the event.

Registration is now open for both university students and young professionals who are aged between 18 and 30. You can apply at https://nma.asia/yigf2021-recruitment <https://nma.asia/yigf2021-recruitment> on or before 5 September 2021 (Sunday) 23:59 UTC Time.  If you have any inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us at info at netmission.asia <mailto:info at netmission.asia>. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,
Jenna Fung
Digital Policy & Community Relations Manager, DotAsia Organisation